Superstar Rajinikanth‘s 159th film “Kabali”, in which he essays the role of a gangster, was officially launched here on Thursday.
Dressed in light blue jeans and dark blue full-sleeve shirt, Rajinikanth arrived for the film’s puja ceremony.
The entire cast and crew of the film, including producer Kalaipuli S. Thanu and director Pa. Ranjith were present at the launch.
The regular shooting of the film has also started.
- Kaala: Rajinikanth thanks God for the film’s box office performance
- Kaala review: Witness Rajinikanth – The Actor in this layered Pa Ranjith revolution
- Kaala: All eyes on Rajinikanth’s gangster drama
- Rajinikanth’s Kaala creates a Twitter record, but emoji leaves fans mostly unhappy
- Kaala new trailer: Meet Rajinikanth, the playful gangster
- Kaala: Grand audio launch for Rajinikanth’s film in Chennai
According a source from the film’s unit, Rajinikanth has set 106 days for the shoot and will shoot for the film till January end.
While the first schedule of “Kabali” will be shot here, the team will move to Malaysia for the next leg of shooting.
The film, which is said to be based on the life of a Chennai-based don, also features Radhika Apte, Dhansikaa, Kalaiarasan and John Vijay, who play important roles.