- Oppo F9 Pro launch in India highlights: Oppo F9 priced at Rs 19,990; Oppo F9 Pro at Rs 23,990
- Kerala floods LIVE: All affected tracks restored, says Indian Railway; normal rail traffic to begin from today
- India vs England 3rd Test Day 4 Live Cricket Score Streaming, Ind vs Eng Live Score: 100-run stand for Jos Buttler, Ben Stokes makes India toil
Even before his latest Malayalam film Oppam has hit the screen, filmmaker Priyadarshan says he would love to remake the movie in Bollywood for a wider audience.
The upcoming crime-fiction stars Mohanlal in the lead where he plays a blind man who is also the prime suspect in a crime he witnessed.
When asked if he would be remaking the film in Hindi, Priyadarshan told PTI, “Definitely. I am quite excited for it.
Once the film releases, I will be pitching it to Bollywood actors. There are already inquiries for Tamil and Telugu remakes. I am just waiting for it to release and see how it is received by the audience.”
- Shivarajkumar’s Kavacha goes on floor, see first look of Oppam remake
- Mohanlal and Priyadarshan to reunite for a multilingual project
- Kanupapa: Telugu dub of Mohanlal’s Oppam to release on February 3
- After Drishyam, Ajay Devgn to star in Hindi remake of Mohanlal’s Oppam
- Kanupapa: Telugu dub of Mohanlal’s Oppam to release this December
- Oppam quick movie review: Mohanlal plays a blind man in Priyadarshan film
Oppam follows the story of Jayaraman, a blind man who works as an elevator operator where he happens to witness a murder in a flat.
The killer escapes and Jayaraman is charged with the crime based on the circumstantial evidences and is forced to find the real killer to prove his innocence to the law.
The Bhool Bhulaiyaa director, who is known for his comedies, said he chose to work in a different genre as he thought he was repeating himself a lot.
“I wanted to try a new genre because I thought I was repeating myself a lot. I have made romantic, comedy and period films in my career but a proper crime-thriller was still left. On top of it, I have Mohanlal with me again and I we have always teamed up for great films.”
The film is scheduled to release in September 2016.