National Award-winning actor-filmmaker Samuthirakani, whose latest Tamil directorial “Appa” has been received warmly by audiences, hopes to team up with actor Jayam Ravi for his next directorial venture.
“I’m in talks with Ravi, and have a script ready for him. The film is tentatively titled ‘Thondan’, and I had originally written it for actor Sasikumar. If everything goes as planned, we might start shooting this year-end,” Samuthirakani told IANS.
The project reportedly also stars Telugu actor Allari Naresh.
- Tik Tik Tik movie review: This Jayam Ravi film is unoriginal and flawed
- Tik Tik Tik is for all kinds of audiences: Director Shakti Soundar Rajan
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui to star in Tannishtha Chatterjee’s directorial debut
- Marakkar Arabikadalinte Simham: Major Ravi to assist Priyadarshan on Mohanlal film
- Now Rajinikanth’s Kaala gets its own Twitter emoji
- Wish to make Appa in 12 languages: Samuthirakani
“I haven’t finalised the cast yet. It’s too early to comment,” he said.
Jayam and Samuthirakani had previously worked on Tamil thriller, “Nimirndhu Nil”.
Upon completing Jayam’s project, Samuthirakani will commence work on his long delayed directorial, “Kitna”.