National Award-winning actor-filmmaker Samuthirakani, whose latest Tamil directorial “Appa” has been received warmly by audiences, hopes to team up with actor Jayam Ravi for his next directorial venture.
“I’m in talks with Ravi, and have a script ready for him. The film is tentatively titled ‘Thondan’, and I had originally written it for actor Sasikumar. If everything goes as planned, we might start shooting this year-end,” Samuthirakani told IANS.
The project reportedly also stars Telugu actor Allari Naresh.
- Mohan Raja reveals the inspiration behind Thani Oruvan
- Adanga Maru trailer: Jayam Ravi plays a cop who fights the corrupt system
- Antariksham 9000 KMPH teaser: Varun Tej, Aditi Rao Hydari star in first Telugu space movie
- Vada Chennai: Dhanush reveals he was unhappy when the Vetrimaaran film went to Simbu
- Imaikkaa Nodigal actor Raashi Khanna: I don’t want to be defined
- Wish to make Appa in 12 languages: Samuthirakani
“I haven’t finalised the cast yet. It’s too early to comment,” he said.
Jayam and Samuthirakani had previously worked on Tamil thriller, “Nimirndhu Nil”.
Upon completing Jayam’s project, Samuthirakani will commence work on his long delayed directorial, “Kitna”.