Actress Pallavi Subhash, who was to make her Tamil debut with Gautham Vasudev Menon’s romantic-drama “Achcham Yenbadhu Madamaiyada”, has apparently been replaced by a newbie due to dates issue.
“Pallavi is no longer part of the project. Gautham has replaced her with a newcomer,” a source told IANS.
Pallavi joined the team of “Achcham Yenbadhu…” long back but since the project got delayed she got busy with Hindi television serials.
“She had committed to a Hindi serial and its dates were overlapping with this project. Since she couldn’t adjust them as she had signed an agreement, Gautham was left with no other option than replace her,” he added.
- Achcham Yenbadhu Madamaiyada box office: Simbu film rocks worldwide
- Achcham Yenbadhu Madamaiyada box office: Despite cash crunch, Simbu-starrer opens strong
- Achcham Yenbadhu Madamaiyada trailer: Simbu-Gautham Menon film is already a winner
- Simbu may sing for Rahman in ‘Achcham Yenbadhu Madamaiyada’
- Manjima Mohan replaces Pallavi Subhash in ‘Achcham Yenbadhu Madamaiyada’
- Pallavi Subhash all set for big Kannada debut
Pallavi also shot for few days for the movie, which features Silambarasan aka Simbu in the lead.
“It’s not yet known who has replaced Pallavi. Gautham has kept it a secret,” the source said.
The source added that Gautham auditioned a few popular heroines as the replacement for Pallavi, but all of them had prior commitments and couldn’t accommodate dates.
The film, launched before Gautham’s last outing “Yennai Arindhaal”, has music by A.R. Rahman.