The release of debutant actor Akhil Akkineni’s eponymously titled Telugu film, which was earlier slated to release on October 22, has been postponed. Its makers will soon officially announce the new release date.
Akhil is the son of veteran actor Nagarjuna.
Regretting the postponement, the film’s producer Nithiin Reddy wrote on his Twitter page on Thursday night that the delay is due to some pending computer graphics work.
“Due to delay in graphics work we are unable to release Akhil on Oct 22nd. Sorry for the delay. Will announce the new release date soon. Sorry,” Reddy tweeted.
- Akhil Akkineni denies signing Ram Gopal Varma’s film
- Ram Charan attends wedding of Akhil Akkineni’s ex-fiance Shriya Bhupal, see photos
- Nagarjuna happy with response to son Akhil Akkineni’s Hello
- Hello: Rana Daggubati promotes Akhil Akkineni’s film in US
- Hello: Nagarjuna and Akhil call it a blockbuster, Kalyani Priyadarshan excited about her debut
- Nagarjuna’s son Akhil Akkineni, Shriya Bhupal call off May wedding, end relationship
Directed by V.V. Vinayak, the film also marks the debut of actress Sayyeshaa, granddaughter of veteran actor Dilip Kumar.
The film is tipped to be an out-and-out commercial film laced with fantasy elements.
Meanwhile, Telugu romantic war drama “Kanche”, which was earlier scheduled to hit the screens on November 6, will release two weeks in advance on October 22.