Actor Ashok Selvan, popular for his work in films such as ‘Soodhu Kavvum’ and ‘Pizza 2’, hopes to become popular among the masses with his forthcoming Tamil comedy ‘Savaale Samaali’.
“Post ‘Savaale Samaali’, I’m confident that the masses will love me. I will no longer be an actor loved by the multiplex audience,” Ashok told IANS.
Directed by Satyasiva, the film features Bindu Madhavi in the lead.
“I was getting typecast in serious roles. Even if you look at ‘Soodhu Kavvum’, I played a serious character and I hardly laugh in it. That’s when I decided to try my hand at comedy, and ‘Savaale Samaali’ came my way,” he said.
Ashok believes “Savaale Samaali” is the kind of film everybody will love.
- Sila Samayangalil review: This Priyadharshan film conveys its message in a non-preachy way
- Happy Birthday Vijay Sethupathi: Five upcoming movies of Makkal Selvan
- Love to direct Hindi version of ‘Soodhu Kavvum’: Nalan Kumarasamy
- Being appreciated by Rajinikanth means a lot: Karunakaran
- ‘Gaddam Gang’ was a challenging remake: Rajasekhar
- Ashok Selvan: Hope to reach masses with ‘Savaale Samaali’
Produced by C. Arun Pandian, the film also features Jagan, Nassar, M.S. Bhaskar and Urvashi in important roles.
With three back-to-back hits, Ashok is happy with the recognition that he is getting from people around him.
“The best part about the success as an actor is when you go out and people identify you. When I’m in public, people smile at me and wave out to me. I was shooting in Switzerland for ‘Savaale Samaali’, and people there came and spoke to me. They were so happy to see me. I think I get a high when I make people happy,” he said.
He currently has films such as “144”, “Varai Padam” and “Koothathil Oruvan” in his kitty.