Filmmaker Mani Ratnam’s latest Tamil outing “O Kadhal Kanmani”, which has been raved about by critics and audiences alike, has minted over Rs.14 crore at the box office worldwide in the first four days since its release.
“The film has approximately collected Rs.14.73 crore from both its Tamil as well as dubbed Telugu versions in four days worldwide. Despite the onslaught of “Kanchana 2″, which has already turned out to be a super hit, Mani’s film has impressed the multiplex audiences,” trade analyst Trinath told IANS.
- Mani Ratnam’s office gets a threat call over Chekka Chivantha Vaanam
- Chekka Chivantha Vaanam collects Rs 30 crore in opening weekend
- Seema Raja box office collection Day 4: Sivakarthikeyan film is declared a hit
- Mani Ratnam’s Chekka Chivantha Vaanam to release on September 28
- Amitabh Bachchan floored by Mani Ratnam’s ‘O Kadhal Kanmani’
- ‘O Kadhal Kanmani’ to release on April 17
Touted to be Ratnam’s comeback to the romance genre, the film is set in Mumbai and follows the story of a young couple Aadi and Tara who decide to live together even before marriage.
Starring Dulquer Salmaan and Nithya Menen in the lead roles, “O Kadhal Kanmani” has given Ratnam a much needed hit after his last outing, “Kadal”, not only bombed, but also burnt the pockets of several distributors.
The film has done exceptional business overseas as well.