As part of a campaign titled Thumbs Up Being Human VEER, some special people with disabilities who have realized their potential got the opportunity to meet Telugu superstar Mahesh Babu.
In the first year of the campaign, over 1,000 participants have received training powered by American India Foundation (AIF) and implementation partners, of which 573 have been employed with the help of 147 employers.
The 127 participants employed in Hyderabad with the intervention of implementation partner, ACE Social Foundation, is a reflection of the company’s commitment to success for the disabled in season two of their program.
- Mahesh Babu unveils Big Boss Anthem
- Maharshi actor Mahesh Babu: Important for celebrities to be good role models
- Happy birthday Mahesh Babu: Movies that made him the most wanted south Indian star
- Mahesh Babu to don a different look for his upcoming film
- Mahesh Babu to get wax statue at Madame Tussauds
- Bharat Ane Nenu actor Mahesh Babu on being a politician: Not my cup of tea but it is a great job
“Despite their disabilities, the VEERS displayed a true ‘toofani’ spirit and have done exceptionally well for themselves in their respective areas of interest. After having met these five VEERS, I’m sure that there are many others like them that have received similar training and are working hard towards success,” Mahesh said in a statement.
“It is individuals like this that embody the famous saying ‘where there is a will, there is a way’, and are an example from which all of us should learn,” he added.
The campaign aims to address challenges such as inclusive education and employment, skill training and development, and advocating for disabled-friendly technology.
With the support of AIF, the campaign is working at imparting vocational training to these individuals and ascertains their requirements so that they can be made job-ready.