Actor-filmmaker Kamal Haasan on Saturday announced the title of his upcoming Tamil-Telugu bilingual film is “Thoongaavanam” and it will go on floors in Hyderabad on May 24.
In a video, Haasan said “Thoongaavanam”, which means a jungle that doesn’t sleep, will simultaneously be shot in Telugu and Tamil.
He added that his long-time associate Rajesh M. Selva will direct the project, which will be produced by his home production Rajkamal Films.
- Dus Ka Dum: Salman Khan and Kamal Haasan to share screen space
- Vishwaroopam 2: Aamir Khan, Jr NTR team up for the trailer launch of this Kamal Haasan film
- Kamal Haasan to team up with ‘Thoongaavanam’ director again
- ‘Thoongaavanam’ team’s birthday gift for Kamal Haasan – a single!
- Directing ‘Thoongaavanam’ dream come true: Rajesh Selva
- First look of Kamal Haasan’s ‘Thoongaavanam’ out on May 25
Over the course of next three months, the film, a fast-paced thriller, will be shot predominantly in Hyderabad and Chennai.
Although Kamal didn’t reveal the cast members but admitted it features “stars”, it is learnt from reliable sources that popular actors Trisha Krishnan and Prakash Raj have been roped in to essay important roles.
Bollywood actress Manisha Koirala has been approached to play Kamal’s wife in the movie.