The makers of superstar Rajinikanth’s upcoming Tamil drama “Kabali”, who had earlier decided to shoot predominantly in Malaysia, have decided to cut down on the schedule and instead plan to shoot in a studio here.
“The team had initially planned a longer schedule in Malaysia. Now, they’ve decided to reduce the number of shooting days in the Malaysian schedule and plan to shoot in Adityaram studios here,” a source from the film’s unit told IANS.
The team has already started erecting sets for the first schedule, which will go on floors here on September 17.
“They’re constructing sets in EVP Park and Adityaram studios,” the source said.
To be directed by Pa. Ranjith, the film also stars Radhika Apte, Kalaiarasan, Dinesh, Dhansikaa and Prakash Raj in important roles.
- Rajinikanth’s Kaala is Pa Ranjith’s redemption for Kabali
- How Kaala could change how we see Rajinikanth on and off the big screen
- From script to shoot: The story of how Kaala came into being
- Over 200 extras shoot for fire sequence in Rajinikanth’s ‘Kabali’
- Rajinikanth’s ‘Kabali’ Malaysia schedule to start from Oct 19
- Rajinikanth’s ‘Kabali’ to release during Tamil New Year next year
Rajinikanth plays a don in the film, which is based on the life of a Chennai-based gangster.
Produced by Kalaipuli S. Thanu, the film has music by Santhosh Narayanan.