Actor-producer Dhanush said the Tamil drama “Kaaka Muttai”, the latest outing from his home production Wunderbar Films, has made him proud even before its theatrical release.
“This is one film which made me proud even before the release. It’s a winner of two national awards and got worldwide acclaim as well,” Dhanush said in a statement.
- Dhanush dispels rumours about Kaala’s box office, says it was successful and profitable
- ‘Kaaka Muttai’ makers to provide financial aid for film’s kids
- Karan Johar moved by ‘Kaaka Muttai’
- ‘Kaaka Muttai’ takes the box office by storm
- Tamil film ‘Kaakka Muttai’ to release in May
- Dhanush ‘proud’ with Kaaka Muttai’s two National Awards
“When Vetrimaaran sent me the script of “Kaakka Muttai”, I just read ten pages and immediately accepted to do the film. The reason is that I could see myself and my brother Selvaraghavan as the two brothers in the film,” he said.
Directed by M. Manikandan, “Kaaka Muttai” is the story of two street urchins who set out on a journey to get their first bite of pizza.
The film is slated for release in cinemas in May.
Dhanush has co-produced the film with filmmaker Vetrimaaran and Fox Star Studios.
The film has earned accolades and standing ovations around the world, from the prestigious Toronto Film Festival to the Dubai International Film Festival to the recently held Indian Film Festival of Los Angeles.