Actor Junior NTR is likely to play the lead in the Telugu remake of A.R Murugadoss-directed Tamil blockbuster “Kaththi” that was released last year.
“The talks are in final stage with NTR. He has liked the film and is soon expected to sign on the dotted line,” a source told IANS.
- After Simmba, Temper now gets a Tamil remake
- Chiranjeevi’s next will be Telugu remake of ‘Kaththi’
- Akshay Kumar to star in Hindi remake of ‘Kaththi’
- Chiranjeevi may star in Telugu remake of ‘Kaththi’
- No remake of Tamil actor Vijay’s ‘Kaththi’ in Telugu
- Telugu producers vie for ‘Kaththi’ remake rights
The source added that Gopichand Malineni will direct the remake, which will be produced by Tagore Madhu.
Earlier, it was reported that Pawan Kalyan will play the lead in the remake, but since he’s busy with his Telugu project “Gabbar Singh 2” the idea was dropped.
One of the biggest Tamil hits of 2014, “Kaththi” starred Tamil superstar Vijay in the lead.