Director Shakti Soundar Rajan says his next Tamil directorial with actor Jayam Ravi is not a sequel to their own Miruthan.
Earlier this year, the duo worked together in Tamil cinema’s first zombie film Miruthan.
“It’s true we’re coming together for a new project but it’s not Miruthan 2. We are working on something new and definitely not run-of-the-mill. Since the scripting work is going on; it’s too early to even comment on the genre. But I assure you that it will be the biggest film in Jayam’s career,” Raja told IANS.
- Antariksham 9000 KMPH teaser: Varun Tej, Aditi Rao Hydari star in first Telugu space movie
- Tik Tik Tik first look: Jayam Ravi starrer is India’s ‘first space film’, see photo
- Jayam Ravi’s Tik Tik Tik is a space thriller, and here is a sneak peak into his look. See photos
- ‘Miruthan’ team to reunite for a new project
- Tamil movie Miruthan starring Jayam Ravi, Lakshmi Menon gets thumbs up from audience
- ‘Miruthan’ was a risky proposition for Jayam Ravi: Director
“Not just budget-wise, but also in terms of scale, this project will be big,” he said.
If everything goes as planned, the project will go on the floors later next year.
The film will be bankrolled by Hitesh Jhabak.