Actress Nandita Das, who is currently on a summer break with her son, says she hasn’t signed any new Tamil project, contrary to some reports.
Nandita was rumoured to be signed on for lyricist-turned-filmmaker Kutti Revathi’s maiden directorial venture.
- National Award winner Divya Dutta: People don’t come to me with same kind of role anymore
- Nandita Das: Female actors are still stereotyped in their portrayal as being constantly good-looking
- Nandita Das: Manto is not a typical festival film
- Nandita Das: The fact that Manto actually got made is a miracle
- Rasika Dugal: Manto is a beautiful piece of work
- As a society, we must have space for dissent to grow: Nandita Das
“This was news to me as well, as I have not heard of the people mentioned or the project. I am on a summer break with my son and soon returning to dive into my ‘Manto’ project.
“It has been a while now that I have been declining all other distractions, so not sure what this is all about! Guess these days there is smoke without fire,” Nandita wrote on her Facebook page.
The project, reportedly, also stars actor-filmmaker Samuthirakani.