Half Ticket, the Marathi remake of National Award-winning film Kaaka Muttai, will release across India on July 22.
The film tells the story of two slum children and their desire to have something beyond their reach. It features debutant child actors Vinayak Potdar and Shubham More and actress Priyanka Bose as their mother.
“Shooting this film in the real slums of Mumbai was an exciting challenge that allowed me to interact with my neighbours. The contrast is so stark; the filming in actual locations helped me bridge the ignorance gap by entering a child’s world,” Samit Kakkad, the film’s director, said in a statement.
- Marathi cinema’s Subodh Bhave — Acting his Part
- Dhadak trailer launch highlights: All eyes on Janhvi Kapoor and Ishaan Khatter
- Dhadak trailer unveiled: Everything you need to know about Janhvi Kapoor’s Bollywood debut
- A Ticket to Mumbai
- Karan Johar moved by ‘Kaaka Muttai’
- ‘Kaaka Muttai’ takes the box office by storm
Fox Star Studios, which co-produced Kaaka Muttai with actor-producer Dhanush, is distributing Half Ticket, marking their entry into Marathi cinema.
The film will release with English subtitles.
The music of Half Ticket is composed by ace musician A.R. Rahman’s nephew G.V. Prakash Kumar who also scored the music for the Tamil film.
Half Ticket has been co-produced by Nanu Jaisinghani, Suresh Jaisinghani and Mohit Jaisinghani.