The makers of upcoming Tamil-Telugu bilingual “Baahubali – The Beginning” are said to be spending over Rs.1 crore for the film’s audio launch here on May 31. A bevy of popular southern film stars is expected to attend the function.
“The audio launch for both Tamil and Telugu versions of the movie is being planned on an unprecedented scale. It will be launched in Hyderabad on May 31. An outdoor venue is being finalised and the makers are expected to spend over Rs.1 crore for the event,” a source told IANS.
“While the guests’ list is being finalised, several popular stars from Telugu and Tamil industry is likely to attend the audio launch. The entire team of ‘Baahubali’ will be present as well,” the source added.
- Baahubali prequel to unravel on Netflix. Here are all the deets
- Baahubali 2 Tamil jukebox out: Filmmakers hold a grand audio launch in Chennai, see pics
- Baahubali 2: Rajinikanth and Vijay to attend audio release event in Chennai?
- Baahubali 2: SS Rajamouli makes another record, to release on a record 6500 screens
- Baahubali 2 audio to release in Hyderabad and Chennai amid fanfare. Read more to know the dates
- Karan Johar to present Hindi version of ‘Baahubali’
At the audio launch, the much anticipated trailer of the movie will be unveiled as well.
“Right from the beginning, the plan was to release the trailer and the audio at the same time to create maximum buzz. The team has already started making arrangements,” the source said.
Directed by S.S. Rajamouli, the film is said to be the story of two brothers, played by Prabhas Varma and Rana Daggubati, for a kingdom.
The movie, said to have been made on a budget of over Rs.100 crore, also features Anushka Shetty, Ramya Krishnan, Sudeep, Sathyaraj and Nasser in important roles.
“Baahubali – The Beginning” is the first part of the movie. The second installment is slated for release next year.
Filmmaker Karan Johar has already bought the theatrical rights of the Hindi version of both the films.