Malayalam heartthrob Dulquer Salmaan has given a green signal for a project in the language with actor-filmmaker Pratap Pothen. This yet-untitled project will have story by writer-director Anjali Menon.
On his Facebook page, Pratap revealed that he’s excited to be collaborating with a “dream team”.
“Dulquer was my choice not because he’s Mammootty’s son. But I’ve seen his films ‘Ustad Hotel’, ‘Ok Kanmani’ and I was captivated by him. I got the same feeling I had when I saw his father (and knew) he was going to head for greater things,” Pothen wrote.
- Karwaan song Saansein: Irrfan Khan, Dulquer Salmaan and Mithila Palkar take us on a lovely, romantic ride
- Masala Coffee to compose music for Dulquer Salmaan’s Kannum Kannum Kollaiyadithaal
- Dulquer Salmaan on AMMA row: If I voice an opinion, I am going to have to take a side
- Karwaan trailer: Irrfan Khan, Mithila Palkar and Dulquer Salmaan take a roller coaster ride
- Dulquer Salmaan’s next in Tamil gets a title, see the first poster
- Sonam Kapoor and Dulquer Salmaan’s The Zoya Factor to release in April next year
He also said he was extremely happy to be teaming up with Anjali and cinematographer-director Rajeev Ravi.
Reportedly, the film is a modern-day romantic tale set against one of beach destinations in Kerala.
The film, which will be produced by Global United Media, is expected to go on the floors early next year.