Director Nag Ashwin of Telugu film “Yevade Subramanyam” fame will tie the knot with Priyanka Dutt, daughter of well-known producer and distributor C. Ashwini Dutt of Vyjayanthi Movies.
“I’m really quite a nomad, commitment phobic wanderer. Full credit goes to Priyanka for making this happen,” Ashwin told IANS, and added that they’re most likely to get married this December.
He said there was no filmy proposal.
“It was her initiative. It was like, ait’s time I get married, I’d like it to be you’ and I replied positively. It was a very matter-of-fact kind of relationship,” he said.
- Priyanka Chopra, Sonam and Janhvi Kapoor attend Isha Ambani’s engagement bash in Italy
- Mahesh Bhatt returns to direction with Sadak 2, daughters Alia and Pooja to star with Sanjay Dutt
- Priyanka Chopra’s Assamese production Bhoga Khirikee to release on October 26
- Mahanati makers deny tax exemption: CM’s gesture means more than National Awards
- Mahanati box office report: Dulquer Salmaan-Keerthy Suresh film sets US box office aflame
- Nag Ashwin on Mahanati: The film is very honest
Ashwin and Priyanka have known each other for a while and in his words, they were never really dating each other.
“Everything happened so unconventionally. We were working together, taking care of each other’s projects. At one point, we felt we’re in our 30s and the relationship could be taken forward. Our families also supported our decision,” he said.
The couple haven’t finalized on the wedding date yet.
Priyanka has produced Ashwin’s short film “Yaadon Ki Baarat” and his directorial feature debut “Yevade Subramanyam”.
He’s currently busy with a writing assignment while Priyanka is listening to scripts for her next production venture.