Debutant Rajesh M. Selva says it was a dream come true moment to direct actor-filmmaker Kamal Haasan in upcoming Tamil-Telugu bilingual “Thoongaavanam”, which is slated to hit the screens during Diwali.
“I think the best day of my life so far has been when Kamal sir asked me to direct this film. There’s nothing before and after that moment and I don’t think anything can replace it. It was like my long time dream had come true,” Rajesh told IANS.
Having worked as an associate with Haasan for over five years, Rajesh didn’t find working on the film challenging.
“What was really challenging was the responsibility of directing Kamal sir. Making the film was absolutely easy,” said Rajesh, who will soon collaborate with the legendary actor again.
- Kamal Haasan to team up with ‘Thoongaavanam’ director again
- Kamal Haasan’s ‘Thoongaavanam’ to release ahead of Diwali
- Evolved as actor after working with Kamal Haasan: Madhu Shalini
- Kamal Haasan’s ‘Thoongaavanam’ trailer released
- Kamal Haasan’s ‘Thoongaavanam’ to be wrapped up in July
- Kamal Haasan’s next titled ‘Thoongaavanam’
Kamal has already started working on his next Tamil outing, which will be an out-and-out comedy with story by veteran writer-director Moulee.
“I’ll definitely be associated with his next project. I’m not sure of my role yet, but work has already started,” he said.
Rajesh will reportedly direct Haasan for the second time in a row.