Producer Dil Raju says he had suggested the title “Ok Bangaram” for the Telugu version of filmmaker Mani Ratnam’s upcoming Tamil romantic-drama “Ok Kanmani”, which will release in cinemas in April.
“After I bought the rights of the Telugu version of the film, I asked Mani sir what the title meant. He said it means ‘Ok dear’, and I felt ‘Ok Bangaram’ would be apt for the Telugu version. He instantly liked it and asked me to go ahead and register the title,” Raju told IANS.
- Mani Ratnam’s Chekka Chivantha Vaanam to release on September 28
- Mani Ratnam’s Kaatru Veliyidai to be called Cheliyaa in Telugu
- Mani Ratnam’s Kaatru Veliyidai shoot wrapped, release in March
- Mani Ratnam’s next film Kaatry Veliyadi titled Duet in Telugu
- Mani Ratnam’s ‘Ok Kanmani’ trailer to be unveiled on Sunday (March 1)
- Dil Raju to release Telugu version of Mani Ratnam’s next
Starring Dulquer Salmaan and Nitya Menon, the film is said to be the veteran’s comeback to the romance genre after a decade.
“It’s a beautiful love story about a couple who are in a live-in relationship and later move to abroad to realize their dreams. What happens between them forms the crux,” he said.
The film also marks the reunion of Ratnam and popular lensman P.C. Sreeram after a long time.
“Ok Bangaram” has music by A.R Rahman.