Telugu film actress Deeksha Seth will be making her Kannada debut in upcoming action entertainer ‘Jaggu Dada’, which features Darshan in the lead role.
“Deeksha has the looks as well as talent to fit the bill. One of her biggest assets is her height, and it matches Darshan’s height,” the film’s director Raghavendra Hegde told IANS.
Hegde zeroed in on Deeksha after approaching several top southern film actresses.
- Ban Sunny Leone’s Veeramahadevi: Pro-Kannada activists protest in Bengaluru
- Sunny Leone all set for Mollywood debut?
- I expected Raj Kapoor’s grandson Armaan to get all the attention: Deeksha Seth
- Deeksha Seth on working with Raj Kapoor’s grandson Armaan Jain in ‘Lekar Hum Deewana Dil’
- Reason why Deeksha Seth made Armaan Jain nervous
- Don’t feel overshadowed by Armaan Jain, says Deeksha Seth
“Many actresses liked the script, but they couldn’t give us bulk dates for shooting. When Deeksha heard the script, she immediately committed herself to the project by giving us complete dates,” said Hegde, who is making his directorial debut with the project.
Also starring Urvashi, Raj Singh Bedi, Ravishankar and Sharath Lohitashwa, the film will go on floors in Mumbai on August 19.
Hegde is on the lookout for another actress to essay an important role in the movie.