Director Partha Sen is delighted after his Bengali film “Anubrato Bhalo Aacho” won an award at the Madrid International Film Festival.
“I’m very happy about getting the recognition from Bengal and of course, I’m very delighted for an actor like Ritwick (Chakraborty),” Sen said in a statement.
“Anubrato Bhalo Aacho” won the Best Actor award for Ritwick at the Madrid film gala on July 4. Directed and written by Sen, the film has been in the news for the kind of praise it has been receiving, read a statement.
- Adil Hussain nominated at Norway’s national film award for What Will People Say
- South star Vedhika Kumar to star opposite Emraan Hashmi in The Body
- Importance of Being Earnest
- The world Mrinal Sen built
- Prosenjit Chatterjee happy to push the envelope with Bengali film Drishtikone
- The Language of Cinema
Distributed by Reliance Entertainment, the film’s trailer itself has left a strong impact with a fascinating background score, which has been composed by music director Mayookh Bhaumik.
The film, releasing on August 7, is based on the lead character Anubrato played by Ritwick, who shares the frame in the film with actress Swastika Mukherjee.