Producer Vijay, who is upbeat about backing his filmmaker-mentor Priyadarshan‘s next yet-untitled Tamil directorial, says composer A.R. Rahman is yet to be approached to compose the movie’s background score.
“This project is very close to my mentor Priyadarshan sir’s heart. Right now, he is busy with script work and we only plan to approach Rahman sir after we complete the film. If he likes the film, he will compose the background score,” Vijay said in a statement.
The project reunites the team behind National Award winning Tamil drama “Kanchivaram”, which featured Prakash Raj and Sriya Reddy in the lead roles.
The film, which will go on the floors on August 10, will focus on AIDS awareness. Priyadarshan has assured that the film is going to be hilarious.
- Vijay-AR Murugadoss’ Sarkar lands in trouble for ‘promoting’ smoking in poster
- AR Rahman on his biography: Look forward to you reading about who I am
- Marakkar Arabikadalinte Simham: Major Ravi to assist Priyadarshan on Mohanlal film
- AR Rahman to score music for Vijay-Atlee film
- Priyadarshan’s latest film to start rolling on August 10
- A R Rahman might sing for nephew GV Prakash
The story revolves around eight characters that come to a pathology laboratory at 9 a.m. to give their blood for an AIDS test.
“The events between then and till 5 p.m. when they get their result, is the story of the film. Be assured that everyone can have a hearty laugh till almost the end,” Priyadarshan told IANS.
Award winning maverick cameraman Santosh Sivan would be wielding the camera for the film, and popular art director Sabu Cyril is on board, along with Beena Paul who would be the editor.