Acclaimed Indian cinematographer Santosh Sivan is taking a break after a hectic and long schedule working on his fifth Hollywood film Lies We Tell.
Sivan, while cranking the camera for the film, is also the executive producer of the thriller that was shot at various locations in Britain.
Santosh, as he is popularly known, said he is back from Britain and now chilling out in Mumbai.
“This film is due for release next year and it’s now in its final stages. At the moment it’s a break for me,” said Santosh, who hails from a film family in the state capital here.
His father Sivan, is an acclaimed filmmaker, so is his elder brother Sangeeth and younger brother Sanjeev.
Keeping his cards close to his chest, Santosh said right now he needs some rest and will go forward as and when the next project shapes out.
- Chekka Chivantha Vaanam movie review: A vibrant gangster drama
- Gaganyaan Mission: Three astronauts will spend 5-7 days in space, says ISRO chief K Sivan
- Indian human space mission to create 15,000 jobs: ISRO chief
- Marakkar: Arabikadalinte Simham: Mohanlal’s next film with Priyadarshan announced
- Santosh Sivan filming his next international film in Britain
- ‘Urumi’ is my comment on globalisation: Santosh Sivan
His latest film Lies We Tell has an array of actors — both British and Asian — and includes Gabriel Byrne, Sibylla Dean, Mark Addy, Gina McKee, Jan Uddin and several others.
The film is being directed by Mitu Misra and produced by Danny Gulliver and Andy McDermott.
Santosh, 52, in 2012 became the first South Asian to be honoured with a membership of the most prestigious American Society of Cinematographers (ASC). ASC membership is by invitation, based on an individual’s body of work.