“He’s a fantastic singer. Look, he’s got to get his head together a little bit. He needs some time on his own, as he said, to be a normal 22-year-old, which he’s gonna have,” he said.
- Zayn Malik to kick-start his India tour from August 3
- Working with 1D was ‘nightmare’ at first: Simon Cowell
- Simon Cowell confirms 1D solo projects
- Simon Cowell apologises for Zayn Malik joke
- Simon Cowell congratulates Zayn Malik on solo deal
- Which way will One Direction go after Zayn Malik’s departure?
Cowell, who signed One Direction to his record label Syco Records after they finished third on the UK’s “The X Factor” in 2010, went on expressing his support for Zayn and the remaining One Direction members.
“I’ve always said to all of them, the future’s bright depending on what you want to do. We’ve always hoped that One Direction would stay together for a long time and my hunch is it still will. They’re just too good for everything to stop now.”