The 46-year-old actor said he’d been working on something with the rapper as he gave an update on his upcoming music in a recent interview on his son Jaden Smith’s Beats 1 radio show MSFTS Frequency, reported Ace Showbiz.
Will has been hinting at new music since earlier this year, when he said he’d hit the studio with Kanye West. “I’m not sure what I’m going to do yet but I’m exploring. I’m in a creative ceiling,” he told a reporter during a premiere of his film “Focus” last February.
- MTV Video Music Award nominations 2018: Cardi B leads with 10 nods
- BET Awards 2018: Complete list of winners
- Billboard Music Awards 2018 winners: Taylor Swift, Ed Sheeran, Janet Jackson and others
- Will Smith sings on TV show
- Will Smith eyeing music return after working with Kanye West
- Will Smith does not mind Jaden taking over Men in Black 4
He said at that time that Jaden also helped him, “My son tells me I have to write out the things I don’t like. I can’t write and stop, I have to keep going and going and write them out. I’ve never worked like that before but I think I might give that a shot.”
Will put out his latest album Lost and Found in 2005. While Drake hasn’t said anything about the collaboration with the superstar, he has hinted at another project with another Smith.