The 21-year-old singer slammed the British group for keeping the release date of their album “Made in the AM” November 13, same as that of his album “Purpose,” reported US magazine.
“Everyone should support everyone. I think that this should be friendly competition. I think it’s fun to joke around. But I really genuinely support everyone that’s making music and every young artist that’s doing what they love and getting success from that. I think that everyone should support that, regardless if you enjoy their music or not,” Bieber said.
- Billboard Music Awards 2018 winners: Taylor Swift, Ed Sheeran, Janet Jackson and others
- Justin Bieber wins five MTV EMAs
- Justin Bieber slams One Direction for same day album release
- Justin Bieber is a good person: Hailey Baldwin
- Justin Bieber makes crap music: Keith Richards
- Justin Bieber: Pops good boy tries growing up
The “Baby” hitmaker went on to admit that the mistakes he made in life made him a better person.
“Making some bad decisions made me more human, because I think most people go through a period in their life when they’re figuring it out. It showed a human side to me that just showed growth. The fact that I’m able to come back and be better than ever is a true testament to who I am as a person. I think people could all relate to me,” he said.