Music composer Ilayaraja has been discharged from hospital today and already resumed work, his eldest son Karthik Raja said.
The music director, 72, was hospitalised on Friday after he complained of breathlessness. Raja said Ilayaraja was undergoing normal tests at the hospital and it was nothing serious.
- Ilaiyaraaja, Karthik Raja and Yuvan Shankar Raja join hands for Vijay Sethupathi, Seenu Ramaswamy film
- Ilayaraja has tremendous enthusiasm and passion: R Balki
- Ilayaraja is fine, to be discharged today: Venkat Prabhu
- Music maestro Ilayaraja admitted to Chennai hospital
- Can’t use my songs without getting rights from me: Music composer Ilayaraja
- Ilayaraja suffers ‘mild’ heart attack
“He was suffering from breathlessness on Friday so we admitted him to the hospital. This morning he got discharged. He already left to compose for an untitled movie,” Raja told PTI.
Earlier, Ilayaraja’s nephew actor-director Venkat Prabhu assured fans that the music director was doing fine.
“For all isaignani fans and well wishers out there!! Raja pa is absolutely fine!! Just a general check up and few tests! He is back home today,” Prabhu posted on twitter.
The music composer in his about four decade long career has composed music for hits like “Nayagan”, “Sadma”, “Swathi Muthyam”, “Thevar Magan” and “Hey Ram”.
He is credited for integrating folk and international sensibilities in South Indian music.
He has won four National Film Awards; three for Best Music Direction and one for Best Background Score. In 2010, he was awarded with Padma Bhushan. He most recently composed music in Amitabh Bachchan starrer “Shamitabh”.