Pop star Kesha is set to star in the second series of US comedy drama “Jane the Virgin”.
The 28-year-old “Tik Tok” singer will play Annabelle, a hostile neighbour of Jane, in the romantic comedy series that stars Gina Rodriguez as the virgin who got pregnant by accident, reported Female First.
Speaking about her reaction to being offered the part, the pop star gushed, “I was really excited! They called me randomly.
“I was finally supposed to have a day off because I hadn’t had one in three weeks, and they called me and they were like, ‘Can you do this audition?’ And I was like, ‘Ugh, today’s my day off.’ And they said, ‘Oh, it’s for Jane the Virgin.’ And I said, ‘Oh yeah’.”
- Game of Thrones stars Kit Harington, Rose Leslie tie the knot
- Kesha accuses Dr Luke of raping Katy Perry
- Shailene Woodley had almost quit acting before Big Little Lies
- Gina Rodriguez shows off rapping skills during awards show
- Britney Spears to guest star on ‘Jane the Virgin’
- I went to dark place while battling eating disorder: Kesha
Annabelle is set to clash with Jane in the second series of the US show.
Another pop star, Britney Spears will also appear as herself in the fifth episode of the second season that airs on The CW channel.
“Jane the Virgin” returns October 12.