Singer-actress Jennifer Lopez has caused controversy after performing at a music festival in Morocco over the weekend as her set was deemed “inappropriate” by a conservative state official.
The “Booty” hitmaker opened the Mawazine Festival in the capital city of Rabat, performing a nearly two-hour concert for thousands of fans, and millions more as the gig was broadcast on a state-owned television channel, reported Fox news.
In photographs from the concert, Lopez, 45, is seen wearing a white sparkling leotard, which shows off her long legs, and she completed the look with bedazzled nude tights and knee high black boots.
- Priyanka Chopra-Nick Jonas’ look was inspired by Jennifer Lopez and her beau
- Jennifer Lopez’s Versace denim boots have turned into a hilarious meme
- Only Jennifer Lopez could have pulled off these drool-worthy denim boots
- Jennifer Lopez slams fake tweet dissing Mariah Carey
- Jennifer Lopez suffers wardrobe malfunction during Las Vegas residency
- Jennifer Lopez sued over performance during Morocco TV concert
However, her performance was not appreciated by all, as some angry viewers in the Muslim country took to social media to express their dismay, including Justice and Development Party Communications Minister Mustapha El Khalfi, who took to
Twitter to vent his fury at the show.
Without calling out Lopez directly, he wrote, “What was broadcast is unacceptable and goes against broadcasting law.”
According to Fox News Latino, he has already reached out to the TV network and requested an ethics committee examine
the moral aspects of the concert.
The 13th annual festival runs until June 6, and thousands more are expected to attend the event, which will feature additional live performances from the likes of Pharrell Williams, Maroon 5, Usher, Sting and Avicii.