“Shake It Off” singer Taylor Swift has revealed rapper Jay Z played an important role in helping her and Kanye West end bury their differences.
The 25-year-old singer said she and Kanye were able to reconcile because of their mutual friend Jay Z, reported Vanity Fair.
“I feel like I wasn’t ready to be friends with (Kanye) until I felt like he had some sort of respect for me, and he wasn’t ready to be friends with me until he had some sort of respect for me – so it was the same issue, and we both reached the same place at the same time,” Swift said.
- Kanye West opens up about his mental condition
- Kanye West’s tweet on spiritual guru Mata Amritanandamayi grabs desi Twitterati’s attention
- Grammys 2014: Daft Punk, Pharrell dominate with 4 wins
- Kanye West writes lullaby for Blue Ivy
- Kanye West and Taylor Swift named Billboard’s top artists
- Beyonce leads Grammys,Taylor Swift close behind
“I became friends with Jay Z, and I think it was important, for Jay Z, for Kanye and I to get along… And then Kanye and I both reached a place where he would say really nice things about my music and what I’ve accomplished, and I could ask him how his kid’s doing,” she added.