Congratulating Kej on his grand win, Modi said, “Heartiest Congratulations Ricky, this is an award not only for you but for India.”
After meeting the PM, an ecstatic Kej said, “I have always believed and respected our Prime Minister Narendra Modi. After meeting him, I am in complete awe of him. I am so humbled by his simplicity and graciousness. He inspires me even more now to achieve greater heights and reach out and expand ndian Music landscape far and wide!”
Modi and Kej also discussed several musical ideas and projects at length, according a release issued for the internationally acclaimed music composer.
- Ricky Kej part of Grammy 2016 wining album ‘Grace’
- Narendra Modi, Francois Hollande launch Ricky Kej’s new music album in Paris
- Grammy winner Ricky Kej teams up with Amitabh Bachchan for ‘epic’ project
- Few true independent artists in India: Grammy winner Ricky Kej
- Recognise Grammy winner Ricky Kej, Shankar Mahadevan, Sameer tell govt
- A R Rahman congratulates Ricky Kej on his Grammy win
Kej is the first ever Grammy Winner to recite a Sanskrit Shloka in his acceptance speech which was telecast Live and he even praised the PM on stage for his “great initiatives”.
He specially composed and produced a version of the National Anthem for the PM which he gifted exclusively to him at the meeting, it said. He also gave sandalwood idols of Lord Krishna, Mahatma Gandhi and a copy of Bhagawad Geetha as a symbolic gesture connecting Narendra Modi-Gujarat-Karnataka-Winds of Samsara-Peace-Music.
Kej has also won 2 Zone Music Reporter awards held at New Orleans and 2 SAMA (South African Music Awards) from South Africa.