Singer Demi Lovato will record a special track for her new album “Confident” which she is will to dedicate to her father.
The 23-year-old former Disney star said she had recorded a tribute track to her father Patrick Lovato who died of cancer in 2013, reported Aceshowbiz.
The song is titled “Father” and was the last one the “Skyscraper” hitmaker recorded for the follow-up album to 2013’s “Demi.”
- Demi Lovato celebrates four years of sobriety
- Demi Lovato accused of ripping off Sleigh Bell’s songs
- I was conflicted when my abusive dad died: Demi Lovato
- Demi Lovato poses nude, calls it ’empowering’
- Demi Lovato announces ‘Confident’ as next single
- Demi Lovato unveils new video for Made in the USA
“My fans expect me to be honest (but) what I think that people in general aren’t going to expect is the way that I sing the song. I took it more to a soulful, gospel kind of sound. It’s the song that I think I might be most proud of on the album,” she said.
“Confident” is due for October 16 release.
Hit single, “Cool for the Summer” will feature as the lead single for the LP.