Pop star Ariana Grande declared her love for the US during her Florida concert days after issuing an apology for slamming the country.
She returned to the stage for the first time on Thursday, July 16 at the Amalie Arena in Tampa, Florida for the second-half of her “Honeymoon” tour.
In a video posted on YouTube by a fan, Grande could be heard saying to her fans during the show, “I’m so grateful to be here in Tampa! And I’m so, so grateful to be performing in the USA, the greatest country on the world! I love you guys so much.”
- Pete Davidson confirms his engagement to Ariana Grande
- Ariana Grande opens up about post-traumatic stress after Manchester bombing
- WATCH VIDEO: A year on, UK remembers Manchester Arena bombing that killed 22 people
- Ariana Grande writes an emotional letter for her fans after her Dangerous Woman tour
- Ariana Grande dedicates AMA to grandmother
- Ariana Grande reschedules show after falling ill
Last week, a video showing the 21-year-old “Problem” hitmaker licking an un-purchased donut and saying “I hate Americans I hate America.”
The “Love Me Harder” singer released a public statement, clarifying that she was, in fact, proud to be an American while also condemning the way Americans eat.
But after that was also criticised, the Nickelodeon alum shared a sincere YouTube video, directly apologising for her actions.