Adele showed her respect for the late music legend Prince by screening his music video at her concert in his hometown of Minnesota.
The “Hello” hitmaker was performing the opening night of the North American leg of her ‘Adele Live Tour 2016’ at the Xcel Energy Center in St Paul, and projected the late music icon’s 1994 music video for “The Most Beautiful Girl In the World” on a screen.
- Saudi Arabia woman arrested for hugging singer during concert
- High Bandwidth
- He’s Got the Groove! Right from Anil Kapoor to ‘dancing uncle’ this is how Indians dance their heart out
- WATCH: Epic prom-posal trick for Bollywood buffs! Guy plays ‘Kuch Kuch Hota Hai’ to ask girl out
- Adele’s Oscar-winning Skyfall is a thing of piercing beauty
- Prince Memorial to be held in Los Angeles in May
However, those expecting the 28-year-old songstress – who has a three-year-old son, Angelo, with long-term partner Simon Konecki – to perform a cover of a Prince track would have been disappointed, as she didn’t feel worthy enough to do a rendition of one of his songs.
“I did maybe consider covering a song… It’s Prince,” she said.
The “Purple Rain” hitmaker tragically passed away in April at the age of 57, at his Paisley Park estate in Minnesota.