Geena Davis played newly- departed ghost Barbara Maitland in Tim Burton’s 1988 classic “Beetlejuice” and the actress says she would love to reprise her role for the film’s follow-up.
The 59-year-old “Thelma and Louise” star said she heard about the film’s sequel but was not approached for it yet, reported Entertainment Weekly.
“I did hear that it’s really happening. No one’s talked to me about it. I would love to! That was one of my favorite movies, too.”
- Alec Baldwin invites Melania Trump to join him on ‘SNL’
- Geena Davis is in awe of Susan Sarandon
- ‘Beetlejuice 2’ not in development: Tim Burton’s rep
- Winona Ryder confirms ‘Beetlejuice’ sequel is happening
- Michael Keaton wants to make ‘Beetlejuice’ sequel
- ‘Sex and the City 3’ talks are happening: Jennifer Hudson
While she is keen to return, Davis did note one point that could prevent her and her on-screen husband, Alec Baldwin, from returning as Barbara and Adam Maitland.
“Ghosts probably don’t age, and it’s going to be 30 years now. Of course, I haven’t aged, but I think Alec Baldwin maybe has aged, perhaps,” she joked.
Winona Ryder confirmed last month that a sequel is happening, and Burton and Beetlejuice himself, actor Michael Keaton, have also said plans for the project are in motion.