Tom Hanks broke his silence on the drug addiction battle of his son Chet during the premiere of his upcoming film “Bridge of Spies” in New York.
Chet, an aspiring rapper, opened up about his battle with addiction on an Instagram post.
“As a parent, you love your kids unconditionally,” 59-year-old Tom told Entertainment Tonight.
“You support them in every step of the way. You got to applaud the bravery and honesty when it actually comes out of your own house,” said Hanks.
- Tom Hanks sweeps into action in a mid-show medical emergency
- Ron Howard: Tom Hanks wanted to be a Stormtrooper in Solo A Star Wars Story
- Tom Hanks on Hollywood sexual harassment scandals: It is not too late to change things
- Actor Dwayne Johnson: I look up to Tom Hanks with great respect
- Tom Hanks’ son Chet Haze goes missing?
- Tom Hanks’ son wanted by police
Chet, 26, said having a famous father made it difficult for him to find a place where he could fit in.
“There’s nothing glorious about bringing yourself closer to death and prison,” he wrote on Instagram.