“Basic Instinct” star Sharon Stone has bared all for a magazine cover and opened up about her past health problems.
Stone appeared nude in the latest issue of Harper’s Bazaar magazine, in a stunning black and white pictorial shot by celebrity photographer Mark Abrahams.
In the accompanying interview. the 57-year-old actress opens up about the cerebral hemorrhage she suffered in 2001 and how she has rebuilt her life and career since her health scare.
“When I came to, the doctor was leaning over me. I said, ‘Am I dying?’ And he said, ‘You’re bleeding into your brain,'” Stone remembers.
- WATCH: Scary crocodile walks down the street; Sharon Stone’s viral video will terrify you
- Kangana Ranaut is the perfect blend of charm and elegance on this magazine cover
- Fillers are better alternative than surgeries: Sharon Stone
- No one thought I was sexy: Sharon Stone
- Sharon Stone defends her right to pose topless
- Sharon Stone poses topless
“I said, ‘I should call my mom,’ and he said, ‘You’re right. You could lose the ability to speak soon’,” she recalled.
Stone was eventually diagnosed with a ruptured vertebral artery, and revealed she had been hemorrhaging so much that her brain had been pushed into the front of her face.
“It took two years for my body just to absorb all the internal bleeding I had. It almost feels like my entire DNA changed. My brain isn’t sitting where it used to, my body type changed, and even my food allergies are different.”