Ryan Reynolds has praised his wife Blake Lively, insisting she was a ‘mercenary’ when she gave birth to their daughter James.
The ‘Deadpool’ star – who welcomed the little girl, James, in December with the ‘Gossip Girl’ actress – said she was ‘cracking jokes’ throughout the birth, reported People magazine.
‘My wife is the real, I mean she is a mercenary. At one point in the middle of the delivery, the doctor’s cell phone went off and she said, ‘Oh, no. Go ahead, take a personal call. Feel free.’ She was cracking jokes in the delivery room. She may have been on drugs, but I don’t ask personal questions.
- Ryan Reynolds gushes over wife Blake Lively in Humans of New York post: ‘She made me a more empathetic person’
- Ryan Reynolds, Blake Lively planning to adopt a baby
- Having a daughter was a dream come true: Ryan Reynolds
- Ryan Reynolds wants nine daughters
- Becoming a mother made me accept aging: Blake Lively
- I cried when my daughter was born: Ryan Reynolds
‘I was just a terrible coach. There was a lot of clapping. I went for a couple of high fives, but she did not,’ he said.