The contemporary romantic musical was to reunite Chazelle and his “Whiplash” star Miles Teller, but the actor has moved on, reported Deadline.
- First Man trailer: Ryan Gosling’s Neil Armstrong takes one giant leap for mankind
- Damien Chazelle wins best director Oscar for La La Land
- La La Land star Ryan Gosling pays tribute to Debbie Reynolds
- Was pushed to my limits on movie set: Ryan Gosling on La La Land
- Ryan Gosling, Emma Stone starrer La La Land to have Indian premiere at MAMI
- Emma Stone in talks for Disney’s ‘Cruella’
No deal has been finalised for either Gosling, 34, or Stone, 26, but all sides are apparently working to make this happen. The plan is for this to go before cameras in the fall featuring the two stars.
Chazelle wrote “La La Land” before “Whiplash”. It is described as an old fashioned musical set in contemporary Los Angeles and centers on a love story between a jazz pianist and an aspiring actress.
The original attachment had Teller and Emma Watson, but the “Harry Potter” star has since departed to do Disney’s “Beauty And The Beast”.