Follow Us:
Sunday, January 26, 2020

Quentin Tarantino might not make the Star Trek film after all

Quentin Tarantino, who is currently up for two Oscars for his last movie Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, had previously said that he might be "steering away" from the Star Trek project.

By: PTI | Los Angeles | Published: January 15, 2020 5:04:05 pm
quentin tarantino star trek Quentin Tarantino revealed that he might not be directing the hyped Star Trek film. (Photo by Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP)

An R-rated Star Trek film by Quentin Tarantino might not be a reality as the filmmaker says he is not keen to direct it but is happy to share notes.

Tarantino has been for the longest time attached with the project, which he was reportedly developing with JJ Abrams, the director of two Star Trek films.

But in an interview with Deadline, the 56-year-old director said it is now unlikely that he will direct it but hopes that Paramount studio still makes it.

“I think they might make that movie, but I just don’t think I’m going to direct it. It’s a good idea. They should definitely do it and I’ll be happy to come in and give them some notes on the first rough cut,” Tarantino said.

The filmmaker, who is currently up for two Oscars for his last movie Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, had previously said that he might be “steering away” from the project.

“I might be steering away from it, but we’ll see. I haven’t completely decided, or talked to anyone involved. Nothing is official,” Tarantino had said.

In 2017, The Revenant screenwriter Mark L Smith was roped in to write the script.

It was reported that Tarantino and JJ Abrams will produce and Tarantino may direct the Paramount Pictures project, which would mark his tenth feature project.

Follow us on Telegram for the latest Entertainment news

For all the latest Entertainment News, download Indian Express App

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement