Songwriter Charlie Puth has revealed he wrote “Furious 7” powerful and emotional tribute to Paul Walker in just 10 minutes.
Rapper Wiz Khalifa turned to Puth when he was asked to create a tune for the end of the movie that would serve as a nod to Walker, who died in a car crash while shooting the sequel in 2013, and the hitmaker admits the song, ‘See You Again’, just came to him as he sat at the piano, reported Los Angeles Times.
- Gangnam Style is NOT the most watched video on YouTube; this is…
- Vin Diesel pays tribute to Paul Walker at 2015 Teen Choice Awards
- Paul Walker honoured at Billboard Music Awards
- Ali Fazal’s tribute video for Paul Walker
- Vin Diesel sings Paul Walker tribute song ‘See You Again’
- Watch: Paul Walker tribute track in ‘Fast and Furious 7’ gets the notes right
“I had a friend who had passed away in a very similar situation like Paul Walker (sic)… and I wanted to write the song for Paul but I just sat down at the piano and the first lyric just came out,” Puth told Australian radio show host Kent ‘Smallzy’ Small on Nova FM.
“I don’t know how it came out – some force from above. It just came out me and I sent it off to Wiz and he put the verses to it.”