June 5, 2016 11:36:02 am
Actress-filmmaker Elizabeth Banks says the reason for her exiting “Pitch Perfect 3” as director is the responsibility she has towards her kids.
The 42-year-old mother of two announced this week that she will no longer serve as director of the upcoming “Pitch Perfect 3,” though she will stay on as a producer, said The Hollywood Reporter.
“It was all timing. We feel obligated to put out the best movie, and anyone who has done sequels, this third one is hard to figure out what the story is. We want to give the audience what it wants but not making it repetitive.
“We have been in development and it took longer than we thought, and I needed to shoot another movie in the summer. If we pushed into fall it bumped up against my parental responsibilities, which made me feel uncomfortable,” she said.
Best of Express Premium
Banks made her directorial debut with “Pitch Perfect 2” last year and in October 2015 she signed on to reprise her role behind the camera for the next installment.
The new “Pitch Perfect” sequel will feature the return of leading ladies Anna Kendrick, Rebel Wilson and Brittany Snow, with Kay Cannon returning to write the script.
📣 Join our Telegram channel (The Indian Express) for the latest news and updates
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.