Actress Nicole Kidman is in talks to join Colin Farrell in The Killing of a Sacred Deer, the new movie project from The Lobster filmmaker Yorgos Lanthimos.
Lanthimos has co-written the script with The Lobster co-writer Efthimis Fillipou, said The Hollywood Reporter.
- Nicole Kidman: Being married to Tom Cruise kept me from being sexually harassed
- Nicole Kidman felt safe while shooting love scenes with Colin Farrell in The Killing of a Sacred Deer
- The Killing of a Sacred Deer trailer: This Nicole Kidman horror film looks unsettling
- Colin Farrell reunites with The Lobster director for new thriller
- Nicole Kidman not starring in ‘Wonder Woman’
- Colin Firth to voice Paddington bear in movie
The Killing of a Sacred Deer is being described as a psychological revenge thriller with a hint of supernatural thrown in.
Farrell, 40, is on board as a successful surgeon, who attempts to integrate a teenager into his family, but when the teen’s actions grow increasingly sinister, the doctor is forced to make an unthinkable sacrifice.
Kidman, 48, will play Farrell’s wife. The project is heading towards an August start, with A24 as the domestic distributor.