Actress Rebel Wilson says her name gives her courage and an edge over others.
The 29-year-old actress insists she loves her unusual moniker and thinks there are worse things to be called, reported Star magazine.
Asked how her parents came up with it, she said: “A little girl named Rebel sang at my parents’ wedding. My mum is really big on theme names like that – my sisters are called Liberty and Annachi, and my brother is Ryot. I did pretty well in comparison. I love it.
- It’s a wrap for Priyanka Chopra’s Isn’t It Romantic, here’s everything that happened on the last day
- Qayamat Ki Raat actor Deepa: Ekta Kapoor has revived my career, given me a second chance
- Rebel Wilson opens up about her defamation case
- Rebel Wilson alleges sexual harassment against male star
- Rebel Wilson acted to get friends
- Rebel Wilson shocks with transgender, Idris Elba ‘joke’ at Bafta 2016
“You can’t be a shrinking violet if you have a name like Rebel. It gives me an edge and helps me not give in to my fears. I try to live that way.”
Meanwhile, the “Pitch Perfect 2” star claimed she only gets offered roles that other actresses turn down.
“I pick up the roles other actresses don’t want. When there are two sisters and one’s the uglier sister, there’s always no actress that wants to go for it. I’m like, ‘Why not? They’re the best roles’,” she said.