Troubled actress Lindsay Lohan has caused controversy on Instagram, after posting a picture of herself dressed as murdered actress Sharon Tate.
The 29-year-old “Mean Girls” star had picked an unfortunate day to pay tribute to the late actress, as it happened to be the 81st birthday of Charles Manson, who ordered Tate’s murder in 1969, reported People magazine.
Posting a picture of herself on Instagram wearing a ’60s style floral crop top and shorts set from PrettyLittleThing and some vintage boots, Lohan added the caption, “I love sharon tate #cancermeetsAQUARIUS #themelook #hippiewinterchic.”
But some Instagram users were quick to point out the poor timing of Lohan’s tribute. “I’m not sure if you realised that you posted the photo on Manson’s 81st birthday…#badtiming,” commented one follower.
- Once upon a time in Hollywood: First Look of Leonardo DiCaprio and Brad Pitt will take you back in time
- Al Pacino joins the star-studded cast of Quentin Tarantino’s Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
- Timothy Olyphant in Quentin Tarantino’s Once Upon a Time in Hollywood?
- Lindsay Lohan down with Chikungunya
- Lindsay Lohan at it again, posts topless selfie on Instagram
- LiLo to play Polanski’s murdered wife
Another user added, “I’m sure she would be proud that you are celebrating her on her killers bday.”
It is unclear whether or not Lohan knew that November 12th was Manson’s 81st birthday when she posted the picture.
Sharon Tate was murdered on August 9, 1969, by members of the Manson family cult who broke into her Beverly Hills home and stabbed her to death. She was eight-and-a-half months pregnant at the time.