Actor Leonardo DiCaprio is set to make an action thriller based on the real-life search for a fugitive fishing ship.
The 41-year-old actor will produce the movie, titled “The Outlaw Ocean” through his production company Appian Way for internet video streaming service Netflix.
The movie will tell the story of how a vigilante crew stalked a notorious fish poaching ship across 10,000 miles and three oceans, reported Female First.
- Margot Robbie channels Sharon Tate in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood photo
- Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio and Matt Damon had turned down Brokeback Mountain
- Once upon a time in Hollywood: First Look of Leonardo DiCaprio and Brad Pitt will take you back in time
- Al Pacino joins the star-studded cast of Quentin Tarantino’s Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
- Steven Spielberg and Leonardo DiCaprio in talks to team up on Ulysses S Grant biopic
- Leonardo DiCaprio partners with Netflix for documentary projects
DiCaprio, a committed environmental activist, had signed a deal with Netflix to produce non-fiction based films and documentaries about controversial environmental themes.
“There’s never been a more critical time for our planet or more of a need for gifted storytellers to help us all make sense of the issues we face,” he said.