Superstar Leonardo DiCaprio has donated USD 15 million to help save the planet.
The 40-year-old actor’s self-titled foundation, which he founded in 1998, donated the amount to more than 30 environmental groups for implementing innovative and impactful conservation projects around the globe, reported Us magazine.
“The destruction of our planet continues at a pace we can no longer afford to ignore. We have a responsibility to innovate a future where the habitability of our planet does not come at the expense of those who inhabit it.
“I am proud to support these organisations who are working to solve humankind’s greatest challenge,” said the “Wolf of Wall Street” star.
The beneficiaries include the Wildlife Conservation Society, the International Fund for Animal Welfare, Save the Elephants, the Conservation Land Trust, Tree People, Oceans 5, and the World Wildlife Fund.
- Leonardo DiCaprio donates $1 million to hurricane relief efforts
- Leonardo DiCaprio raises $ 40 million at charity gala
- Leonardo DiCaprio donates $ 2 million for environmental conservation
- Leonardo DiCaprio donates USD 7 Million to marine conservation efforts
- Leonardo Dicaprio donates millions to Ocean Conservation
- Leonardo DiCaprio visits Nepal for ‘Save The Tiger’ campaign
“We have been able to support organizations that are working to solve some of today’s most pressing environmental issues,” DiCaprio shared via Instagram alongside his first-ever Insta selfie, which showed him taking in some of the earth’s majestic scenery.
“Throughout today, I’ll post about a few of them and share the incredible work they do,” he added.
The Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation is “dedicated to the long-term health and wellbeing of all Earth’s inhabitants”. Since 2010, the foundation has funded more than 70 projects in more than 40 countries worldwide.