Leonardo DiCaprio, Bono, Nobel Peace Prize winner Malala Yousafzai and Bill and Melinda Gates will be onstage for next week’s Global Citizen Festival in New York City.
The September 26 event that stars Beyonce, Pearl Jam and Coldplay is a highlight of the annual gathering of world leaders at the United Nations.
UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon will be there, along with several prime ministers and CEOs.
- Malala Yousafzai calls for rebuilding of schools torched in Pakistan
- Malala Yousafzai’s journey from a near-death experience to winning the Nobel Peace Prize
- Gul Makai motion poster: Reem Shaikh as Malala Yousafzai fights for education
- Malala Yousafzai to be United Nations Messenger of Peace
- Kajol to take hygiene message to UN General Assembly
- Leonardo DiCaprio donates $ 2 million for environmental conservation
The previously announced celebrity hosts include Stephen Colbert, Kerry Washington, Salma Hayek Pinault, Olivia Wilde and Hugh Jackman.
Ed Sheeran, Common and Indian singer Sunidhi Chauhan will also be performing in Central Park for the multi-hour event.
It will air on MSNBC and stream on iHeartRadio and Tidal. The event will highlight the launch of an ambitious set of global development goals.