The “Square Dance” actress Winona Ryder is shocked at the domestic violence allegations against her ex-fiance Johnny Depp, insisting he is a loving man.
Depp’s estranged wife Amber Heard filed to end the couple’s 15-month marriage in May and then obtained a temporary domestic violence restraining order against Depp, accusing him of abusing her throughout their marriage.
The 44-year-old began dating the “Pirates of the Caribbean” star in 1989 and they became engaged the following year.
- Johnny Depp appears at San Diego Comic-Con in Grindelwald costume
- Johnny Depp sued for allegedly punching location manager
- Amber Heard responds to JK Rowling’s statement on casting Johnny Depp in Fantastic Beasts
- Amber Heard accuses Johnny Depp of stalling divorce
- Johnny Depp was never abusive towards me: Winona Ryder
- Vanessa Paradis writes letter defending Johnny Depp?
The couple ended its engagement in 1993, but Ryder has nothing but fond memories of her time with Johnny, reported Huffington Post.
“I can only speak from my own experience, which was wildly different than what is being said. He was never, never that way towards me. Never abusive at all towards me. I only know him as a really good, loving, caring guy who is very, very protective of the people that he loves,” she said.
The “Black Swan” star admits that she is surprised by Amber’s claims.
“I wasn’t there,” she continues.
“I don’t know what happened. I’m not calling anyone a liar. I’m just saying, it’s difficult and upsetting for me to wrap my head around it,” said Ryder.